Structural Engineer - Construction/Foundations
705 Central Ave Cincinnati, OH 45202
Career Opportunity: Structural Engineer - Construction/Foundations – Jedson Engineering – Cincinnati, OH
Are you an exceptional structural designer for heavy industrial buildings? Do you want to work with world class customers? Do you enjoy researching the feasibility of designs and customer request? If so, we have your next career opportunity!
Jedson Engineering is a privately owned, integrated engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCm) company that delivers projects that improve your profitability. We partner with our clients to advance innovation into tomorrow. We believe in breakthroughs that drive the edge of innovation, doing great work, and in the power of partnership.
We are looking for a Structural Engineer - Construction/Foundations to join our Project Teams to perform engineering calculations, generate drawings, and other technical duties. As a Structural Engineer you will:
- Design heavy industrial buildings and machine foundations.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design and application.
- Prepare design calculations.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to nonconforming items.
- Use structural analysis software (RISA 3D, Staad-Pro, Ramsteel, etc.) and drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit).
- Write specifications and other contract documents.
- Conduct manpower planning and provide estimates for engineering schedules.
- Support development of cost estimates and schedules.
- Investigate and utilize applicable codes and standards such as the OSHA, AISC, ACI, ASCE, etc.
To qualify, you should be a collaborative, positive, high energy person excited about the challenge of joining a growing team, and bring:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, a Master’ s Degree is a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of engineering experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Minimum EIT and working toward Professional Engineering licensing.
- Heavy industrial building and machine foundation design experience is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing direction of the client.
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package. If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a growing company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.