4035 Colonel Glenn Hwy Beavercreek, OH 45431
Career Opportunity: Accounting Analyst with Wright State Research Institute in Dayton, OH
Do you have a passion for Auditing and Compliance? Do you have experience in government contracting or research centered organizations? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
As a non-profit research institute, Wright State Research Institute (WSRI) delivers high impact solutions for government, industry and human performance sponsors through research education and training. Our highly specialized and interdisciplinary research team allows us to bring the right mix of talent, experience and creativity to every project and do so at the speed of business. As a part of Wright State University (WSU), WSRI is able to combine the best of both applied and basic research to solve the innovation equation on behalf of clients. This combination of researchers provides unsurpassed expertise, technical solutions, and new levels of capability for our armed forces, our federal and state sponsors, our industry partners, and those with whom we collaborate worldwide.
We have need for an Accounting Analyst to join the team in Dayton, OH. This role is responsible for maintenance, on-going development, and compliance of Wright State Research Institute’ s financial policy and direction.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance of all financial administration and risk management, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Overseeing and ensuring that finance staff maintains financial records and systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), DCMA and compliant with all applicable OMB Circulars specifically including CFR220 and CFR 230 and Uniform Guidance Super Circular.
- Leading and oversite of audits. Responsible for all audit responses to state auditor, as well as federal and state audit agencies.
- Various external reports such as DOD ICE, NSF HERD and State of Ohio RDCAP.
- Leading and oversite of the preparation of fiscal reports/documentations, and metrics; preparing and communicating monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversite of budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
- Developing and implementing strategies that result in a growing base of funds to support initiatives.
- Managing cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
Candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and MUST have the following:
- BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- 6 years of finance experience in government contracting (DOD) or research centered organizations plus degree described above – OR – 10 years of experience in government contracting (DOD) or research centered organizations in lieu of degree described above.
- 5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate financial data and make recommendations to the organization’ s leadership.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing finance accounting, budgeting, control, audit, compliance and reporting within a complex financial environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with grants, contracts, MOUs and similar legal instruments.
- Experience overseeing compliance with financial management and reporting for Federal and State awards.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Costpoint Financial System Software and back-end data sets (tables).
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.