CIncinnati, OH 45242
Job Opportunity: Accounting Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a detail-oriented accountant ready for your next adventure with a growing company? Do you have experience leading a team to make an impact on an organization? Do you have experience in a Manufacturing Environment? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing along with, monitoring general accounting practices, record keeping and day to day financials such as balance sheet reconciliation, payment processing, payroll and vender maintenance and bank account reconciliation. This position will monitor and build a strong financial team and will report to our Controller. Additional responsibilities include:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Supervising and leading an accounting team.
- The recording of all the costs incurred in a business in a way that can be used to improve its management.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization' s accounting operation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’ s degree required, MBA preferred
- CPA required
- Ability for up to 25-30% travel
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment required!
- Cost Accounting experience, required
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Leadership skills and experience
- Private Equity experience, preferred
Don’ t miss out! Come join a growing company with a competitive salary, incentive programs, and a strong benefit package. If you have the required experience and qualifications, please apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.