Application Support Engineer
4393 Digital Way Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity: Application Support Engineer with Apex Supply Chain Technologies in Cincinnati, OH
Do you thrive on keeping production applications running? Do you know how to support cloud based applications? Do you want to learn many of the leading SaaS technologies? See what this opportunity has to offer.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies operate by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions through automated point-of-use dispensing and supply chain technologies. They are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. We have a need for an Application Support Engineer to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for supporting all production and non-production application environments that power Apex’ s cloud platform. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing team that works with many of the leading SaaS technologies!
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Administering, monitoring, upgrading, tuning, testing, securing and ensuring high availability of applications and middleware in Apex’ s 24x7 SaaS environments.
- Participating in on-call rotation for software deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting and issue escalation.
- Maintaining the health of all application environments by identifying and applying patches and hotfixes for security, stability and performance.
- Assisting various teams with identifying issues, troubleshooting, stack tracing and debugging across multiple applications and platforms.
- Collaborating with internal teams and vendors to schedule upgrades, modifications, and other required maintenance.
- Assisting in designing, implementing, and periodically testing high availability and recovery procedures in conjunction with other IT staff.
- Applying Windows server and Linux server troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Maintaining working knowledge of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
Candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and have:
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- 1 to 3+ years administering Java application servers in a SaaS production environment running JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, or Tomcat.
- Experience utilizing enterprise grade appliances such as F5 Big-IP or Citrix NetScaler for application delivery.
- Strong aptitude with server and application troubleshooting and the ability to drive to root cause on a wide variety of issues.
- Firm grasp of message queuing, pub/sub and broker-based technologies such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- High degree of comfort with the Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of high availability application architectures.
Other desirable skills that we are seeking include:
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with reverse proxy configurations using Nginx, Caddy, etc.
- Experience with Git (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, VSTS, etc).
- Node.js experience.
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience.
- Experience writing automation scripts using Python or other scripting language.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply today online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.