Assistant Events Coordinator
6465 Creek Rd Blue Ash, OH 45242
Job Opportunity – Assistant Events Coordinator with Abstract Displays in Cincinnati, OH
Are you energetic and passionate about customer service? Are you detail-oriented and a strong communicator? Are you highly organized and ready to contribute to a team culture where you will grow and be challenged? If yes, then we have the opportunity for you!
Abstract Displays was founded because the exhibit industry needed a dependable resource for their client’ s face to face sales and marketing events. Backed by a talented team of industry experts, Abstract Displays is a global force in the trade show industry. Their list of awards solidifies their presence as a leader in their industry but also in the community.
The Assistant Events Coordinator will provide administrative and inventory support for Exhibit Consultants and Client Services Specialist and Account Managers through proactive handling of accounts. You will be responsible for order processing and overall show coordination including ordering of show services and arranging installation/dismantling of stored clients’ exhibits.
The Assistant Events Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Confirming show regulations and petition for variances as needed
- Organizing and facilitating internal pre-show planning meetings (designers, graphic designers, production, and engineering) as well as external planning meetings with preferred vendors (labor, AV, lighting, agency, etc.)
- Monitoring costs, requesting competing bids, and negotiating third-party service rates and terms to reduce cost for clients whenever possible
- Managing the association and venue approval process to ensure Abstract Displays follows each events’ rules and regulations
- Managing client exhibit property and graphic inventories
- Observing deadlines, prioritize workload and operating under limited time constraints
- Consistently demonstrating ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Trade Show Industry preferred
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or related field required; experience beyond what is required may substitute for education
- Great customer service skills with the ability to respond to customers in an efficient and accurate manner
- Exhibits the ability to multi-task, sell, and operate under severe time constraints and immovable deadlines
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff, vendors, and customers, as well as independently
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer records
- Some travel may be required as needed
If you are ready to join a growing company with exciting opportunities, apply online today!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.