Battery Research Scientist
Dayton, OH 45377
Career Opportunity: Battery Research Scientist with Global Graphene Group in Dayton, OH
Do you thrive on driving new, leading edge technologies into products? Do you have a passion for the R&D of new battery systems? If so, we want to speak with you.
Global Graphene Group (G3), the first advanced materials company to offer large quantities of ultra-thin, pristine nano-graphene platelets (NGPs). We have the capacity to revolutionize how the world stores and uses energy. On a daily basis, G3 is exploring the boundaries of graphene in search of new marketable ways graphene can be used across industries and globally. We are looking to add a Battery Research Scientist to our research and development (R&D) team.
The Battery Research Scientist will develop new electrolytes employed in energy storage devices. The Battery Research Scientist will be responsible for synthesizing/utilizing novel organic/ionic-liquid/polymer/solid-state electrolytes. The Battery Research Scientist will cooperate closely with other team members to make progress on next-generation energy storage devices.
Expected duties include but are not limited to electrolyte formulation R&D, solvent/salt/additive chemical modification, electrolyte performance characterization, electrolyte optimization to meet project milestones, and support of future electrolyte scale-up production.
As Battery Research Scientist you will:
- Bring expertise on electrolyte synthesis/modification/purification.
- Perform R&D for electrolyte formulation.
- Examine new electrolytes employed in various energy storage devices.
- Define protocols and SOPs for electrolyte R&D and production purposes.
- Have deep knowledge in salt/solvent/additive functions during electrochemical reactions.
- Design experiments and test electrolytes.
- Identify/troubleshoot the root causes when electrolytes fail.
- Support future electrolyte scale-up to production.
Qualified candidates should bring your hands-on experience, as well as:
- Two years or above experience on electrolyte R&D (5 years or above is preferred).
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Wet chemistry lab experience.
- Familiar with electrochemical cell mechanisms (Li-ion battery/supercapacitor).
- Capability to work in a dry room (< 1% Relative Humidity) with safety equipment.
- Experience with chemical lab safety training.
This is a once in a lifetime career opportunity! Global Graphene Group is an up-and-coming organization ready to do amazing things!
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply by sending your salary requirements and a current resume today. Visit www.theglobalgraphenegroup.com to learn more.
Employer is EEO/M/F/V/D.