Billing Specialist (Corporate)
5535 Fair Lane Cincinnati, OH 45227
Career Opportunity: Billing Specialist (Corporate) – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH
Are you a team player who enjoys medical billing in a fast-paced office environment? Are you a professional with a keen attention to detail and excellent customer service skills? If you would like to become part of a company with a history of growth and outstanding leadership we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and a dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
Due to our continued growth, we are adding a Billing Specialist to our corporate office located in Cincinnati, OH. Billing Specialist will be responsible for:
- Preparing and submitting claims to various insurance companies.
- Answering incoming calls from patients, office staff, managers, clinical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifying and resolving patient billing questions and concerns.
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting patient statements.
- Submitting vision claims to appropriate payers through the proper channels.
- Mailing secondary claims to payers that cannot be accepted through electronic submission.
- Posting receipts for the company through manual process and electronically.
- Evaluating patient accounts and establishing payment plans as set forth by the company.
- Generating and reviewing accounts due a refund.
- Processing payments from insurance companies and patients and to prepare a daily deposit.
- Calling insurance companies on denied, pending or unpaid claims to reach a positive resolution.
- Maintaining strictest confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Apex Eye is looking for its Billing Specialist to be well organized, adaptable and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of medical software programs, Outlook, Word, Adobe and Excel.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party payers’ guidelines.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, copier, scanner and other basic office equipment, including a multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.