Business Development Manager - Food / Flavors / Beverage
10139 Commerce Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45246
Career Opportunity: Business Development Manager - Food / Flavors / Beverage – Frutarom Health – North America
Are you a driven business development manager, skilled at translating leads into closed deals? Have you had proven success in business planning and execution? Do you have experience in food science, functional foods, or similar fields? If you answered “ Yes!”, then Frutarom has your next role!
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. Our Health branch is a leading manufacturer of natural, science-based and high quality ingredients for dietary supplement and functional food markets.
The Business Development Manager - Food / Flavors / Beverage will develop, implement and realize the customer strategy and plan, within the health divisions’ sales strategy and plan, in order to ensure the realization of planned business results and build long term customer relationships in dietary supplements and functional food markets. Additionally, the Business Development Manager - Food / Flavors / Beverage will be responsible for:
- Defining and implementing strategic customer and sales plan.
- Translating goals and sales plans into profitability both strategically and tactically and being accountable for realizing sales objectives.
- Developing, coordinating and executing plans for strategic customers to realize agreed sales and overall customer relationship objectives, both for the short and long term.
- Visiting potential and/or existing customers to create and maintain good relationships.
- Remaining well informed about developments with customers and in the market.
- Leading contract negotiations with our customers and ensuring the conclusion of sales contracts within the limits set by marketing or business management.
- Building sustainable cross layer networks with our customers by both direct engagement and by positioning key stakeholders to the right level.
- Actively exploring opportunities with current and/ or new customers for dietary supplement and functional food industries.
- Monitoring and benchmarking competitive products, market requirements, market trends and competitive business strategies and incorporating benchmarking and competitive profiling in account and sales plans.
- Contributing to the innovation pipeline with industry insights and expertise.
- Coordinating technical support or after-sales activities towards our customers.
- Monitoring the complaint process and ensuring an appropriate complaint settlement with our customers within the agreed time frame.
The ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager - Food / Flavors / Beverage will have proven business planning, sales, and networking skills, as well as a strong pattern of execution and follow-through. Other requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required – preferably in food science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three plus years of B2B distribution channel and selling experience.
- Experience setting annual goals and action plans for new territories.
- Experience providing education and training to influence sales; ability to research, inquire, and execute on market data to build future strategies is also required.
- Ability to be proactive and self-motivated, driven to compete and succeed and with high ethical standards.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.