Buyer - Temporary
55 Railroad Avenue Ridgefield, NJ 07657
Job Opportunity: Buyer (Temporary Position) – Frutarom – Ridgefield, NJ
Are you self-motivated and a problem solver? Do you have experience negotiating price, quality, delivery and payment terms? Have you had experience as a buyer in a manufacturing environment? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The Buyer will work closely with the General Manager, Production Planner, Operations, Product Manager and Customer Service to determine material needs. The Buyer will also be responsible for generating purchase orders/internal requisitions and forward those to appropriate suppliers (both domestic and international) in a timely fashion. Additionally, this position will be responsible for:
- Acting a timely fashion that meets the needs of production/customers, as well as internal workload.
- Monitoring the status of PO’ s/IR’ s with suppliers. Communicating status with production planner/operations/product managers/customer service.
- Managing pre-ship and co-ship samples from suppliers.
- Importing materials while dealing with customs and FDA clearance.
- Informing General Manager of current market conditions and trends.
- Sourcing and qualifying alternate suppliers for new and existing products to ensure supply and cost savings.
- Generating supplier nonconformance reports and corrective actions through completion.
- Approving invoice payments and handling price, weight, quality, and packaging discrepancies.
- Sourcing materials/supplies required for GROW Nutrients site.
- Reporting KPI’ s to direct manager.
- Establishing strong relationships with key suppliers.
The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, organized, and capable in developing solutions to new and existing problems. Additional requirements for the Buyer include:
- Associate’ s Degree in Business Administration.
- Minimum 1-3 years as a buyer for a manufacturing company.
- Experience in the food/beverage industry and with international vendors is preferred.
- Must possess keen negotiating skills for pricing, quality, delivery and payment terms.
- Strong communication skills necessary to communicate effectively to supervisor, peers, other internal departments, affiliates, vendors and suppliers for a variety of materials and services.
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Strong computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Office and ERP systems (e.g. Oracle or SAP).
- Experience with importing FDA regulated material and working with outside domestic/international suppliers.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.