4501 Quality Place Mason, OH 45040
Job Opportunity: Buyer – Harris Products Group – Cincinnati, OH
Do you have domestic and international experience? Do you excel at purchasing finished goods? Do you have experience managing the quality process when onboarding new vendors? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
A wholly-owned subsidiary of The Lincoln Electric Company, The Harris Products Group is a world leader in metal working products used in the brazing, soldering, welding, cutting and gas distribution industries. Demonstrating a commitment to stewardship of the global environment, all facilities are ISO 14001 certified for environmental management systems. We are looking to add a Buyer to our team in Mason, OH!
The Buyer will be responsible for setting correct levels of purchased materials to support production schedules and customer orders, working closely with supply chain, sales and operations of such facilities. This position will also responsible for identifying and negotiating opportunities for cost, process, and supplier process improvements. The Buyer will be expected to:
- Prepare and issue purchase orders in a timely manner to suppliers.
- Track and follow-up on open purchase orders.
- Develop/Identify alternative sources of supply.
- Work with management to establish and adhere to global purchasing procedures and objectives.
- Maintain compliance with International quality standard ISO 9001 / Environmental management standard ISO 14001.
- Prepare and issue Request for Quotes. Analyze quotes, determine best option and negotiate.
- Promptly resolve supplier invoice discrepancies, issues with quality and/or performance.
- Evaluate supplier performance for quality, delivery and commercial value.
- Promptly resolve quality issues with suppliers.
- Generate cost savings ideas and completion of projects.
- Generate accurate and timely purchases/credit card orders and requests for quotes.
- Achieve first-time supplier delivery acceptance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a comprehensive knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures, including procurement, cost control management, MRP Demand and Supply, lead times, safety stock, min & max quantities. Additional requirements for the Buyer include:
- Bachelor’ s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field; or 2 Year Associate' s Degree with three to five years related experience and/or training offering transferable skills; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) procurement or planning experience. SAP experience in procurement preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to prepare Request for Quotes and to analyze quotes and negotiate.
- Experience with supplier development and performance management.
- Experience with Kanban Systems and Vendor Managed Inventory Programs (VMI).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal/external customers/suppliers and co-workers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.