Compounder - Liquids
10139 Commerce Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45246
Career Opportunity: Compounder – Liquids – Frutarom – Cincinnati, OH
Do you work well without supervision? Do you enjoy mixing and compounding different ingredients? Do you have strong attention to detail? If so, we would love to speak to you about this opportunity!
Who we are: Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
We are looking for a Compounder for our Liquids team. The compounder will follow SOPs and established GMP practices to manufacture batches utilizing the various compounding tanks, transfer pumps, and mixers. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Must accurately measure materials through the use of scales.
- Must be able to operate different styles of pumps and hose connections.
- Must be able to follow batching instructions and properly fill out all required documentation.
- Extract samples for laboratory analysis upon completion of batch.
- Maintain weekly production output of 5 to 7 pours per hour with a clean, organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Accurately follow processes and procedures as they relate to production, safety, customer specifications, etc.
- Read and comprehend specifications, process instructions, safety and production procedures, etc. as provided by the company and Frutarom customers.
- Apply math skills in the daily operation and adjustment of processes.
- Follow all processes, procedures and trainings as required per standing Frutarom policies and practices.
- Ability to perform all duties of the General Labor position with mastery.
- Work with Compounder 2 to gain the necessary skills to improve output and to successfully make pharmaceutical batches.
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English is essential, including basic math skills.
- Proficient in converting LBS to KG.
- Self-sufficient in performing daily tasks.
- Must possess problem solving abilities and must be able to effectively use an RF Gun.
- Knowledge of GMPs and basic knowledge of the use of gram/kg scales.
- Successful completion of basic computer use training, training on the system and processes related to the company and the position.
- Prior work experience as a compounder.
- Must be able to withstand temperatures below 40 degrees F and above 95 degrees F.
- Lift truck license (fork lift driving certification and experience is required).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Overtime will be required, including weekends if necessary.
Education/Experience (minimum requirements/equivalent): High School Diploma or equivalent.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us and apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.