Desktop Support Supervisor
1 Levee Way Newport, KY 41071
Job Opportunity: Desktop Support Supervisor – i-Wireless, Newport, KY
Are you detail-oriented and a strong communicator? Are you organized and experienced at supporting critical systems? Do you take ownership and drive to resolution? If so, we would like to speak with you!
i-Wireless is a wireless communication provider that also provides government assisted lifeline phones. The Desktop Support Supervisor is responsible for managing the Integrated Operations Center (IOC), which is staffed for various shifts ranging from 8 to 12 hours. The Desktop Support Supervisor manages a team of 2-5 IOC Technicians who monitor systems and are responsible for desktop support, identifying alarms, troubleshooting, fixing impairments with supervision, and escalating issues to the appropriate teams as necessary.
To be successful in this role, the Desktop Support Supervisor must show personal accountability and take ownership of a task to drive it to resolution. The Desktop Support Supervisor must also have the ability to trend issues and trace events to find a point of failure all while prioritizing work with a high attention to detail. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing direction, leadership and supervision of IOC personnel, consisting of 2-5 IOC Technicians.
- Maintaining a highly professional, efficient, and effective Integrated Operations Center.
- Monitoring and reporting on i-wireless network, system, and applications performance via internal software and 3rd party tools.
- Working with client organizations and documenting business requirements.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems with supervision.
- Handling and reporting on routine Operations requests such as development testing, troubleshooting, problem analysis, and revenue assurance.
- Developing, mentoring and training staff; seeking to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers (internal and external).
- Maintaining all documentation for policies and procedures.
- Reacting to application impairments and driving a solution.
- Must be able to work overnight, holiday, and weekend support. Hourly shifts vary from 8 to 12 hours as determined by the business need.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory/lead role, supervising technical and operational staff preferred.
- General knowledge of system integration and networking architectures.
- General knowledge of web environments and architectures.
- Experience working with NOC tools, network management systems, escalation procedures, and other monitoring applications a plus.
- Ability to solve hardware and software problems using own research and initiative.
- Troubleshooting experience with networks, systems, and applications in a production environment with a keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong ability to handle desktop support issues.
- Ability to install and configure new laptops/workstations.
- Strong understanding of printers, copiers and scanners.
- Basic understanding of cellular networks or networking fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of MS Exchange Server.
- Basic understanding of NTFS File permissions.
Providing affordable, no-contract, nationwide wireless service; i-wireless is a unique service provider amongst its peers. i-wireless is part of the Kroger family of businesses and offers Lifeline Assistance to eligible consumers in more than 30 states. Equally unique are the employees who work for i-wireless. From the warehouse to corporate headquarters, i-wireless employees enjoy an open office environment, friendly atmosphere, competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a strong company, submit your resume and salary requirements today. Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.