Director of Administration / Law Firm
215 E. Ninth Street, Suite 200 Cincinnati, OH 45202
Job Opportunity – Director of Administration / Law Firm - Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have experience with managing daily operational functions and improving business efficiency? Are you a strong leader that can motivate others and drive change? Do you have a passion for wanting to help others in need? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
Legal Aid serves clients in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio. With two full-service law offices (downtown Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio), a budget of $9 million, and a staff of about 95, including 40 attorneys and 15 paralegals, Legal Aid is southwest Ohio’ s largest non-profit law firm. Our mission is to reduce poverty and ensure family stability through effective legal assistance.
Legal Aid is seeking a Director of Administration to manage general office operations, technology, administrative support, and facilities. This position offers a committed, hardworking professional the opportunity to apply skills and talents in an organization that helps over 10, 000 families each year. This position is part of the senior management team and requires strong leadership and project management skills, the ability to motivate staff, nurture lateral relationships, and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, volunteers, and Board members. Additional responsibilities include:
- Supervise, and lead the functions of the legal administrative, information technology, human resources, and facilities management staff.
- Recruit, interview, and hire administrative and legal support positions.
- Develop budget and financial projections for all Legal Aid facilities.
- Develop facility capital plans for repairs and improvements.
- Market space and manage tenant relationships.
- Locate space and negotiate leases for branch offices.
- Develop budgets and implement technology plans for back office operations and legal work support.
- Facilitate communications and coordinate general office and legal functions.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of management/leadership in professional or non-profit organization.
- Supervisory and team building experience.
- Experience with and conversant in Information Technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize work.
- Able to effectively coordinate/carryout multiple projects and responsibilities, and work ahead of deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional community and student population.
The Mission of the Legal Aid Society is to resolve legal problems of low-income people, promote economic and family stability, and reduce poverty through effective legal assistance. Are you ready to make an impact? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.