Director of Admissions
1725 E David Road Kettering, OH 45440
Job Opportunity – Director of Admissions with Modern College of Design in Kettering, OH
Do you have experience in admissions and/or sales? Do you have a passion for higher-education? Do you thrive on helping others discover their potential? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For over three decades The Modern has been passionately pursuing excellence in design. Named as one of the top design schools in the country for 8 years in a row, our faculty and staff have served students with unwavering commitment and energy. Our students have poured themselves into their work – committed to their careers. As a result, we’ ve built a reputation for creating the next generation of design leaders.
The Modern is seeking an outgoing and goal-oriented Director of Admissions to lead the admissions team and successfully meet enrollment goals for the design program and the design leadership program. The Director of Admissions will be directly involved in developing recruitment strategies and tactics in order to achieve enrollment goals, and will be responsible for the following:
- Actively leading admissions team and directly supervising recruiters, specialists, housing coordinator, and administrative assistant; managing department’ s daily operations.
- Setting annual admissions goals and projections.
- Ensuring best practices are implemented and that policies and procedures are followed.
- Verifying that all admissions personnel are properly trained and taking steps to improve levels of proficiency; hire, train, and retrain as needed.
- Presenting college to prospective students and their families, which includes communication with candidates; tours of campus; interviews and portfolio reviews with candidates; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions.
- Ensuring admissions process functions adequately in terms of number of students, quality of students, and level of student expectations/satisfaction are all in accordance with the college’ s policies and procedures.
- Continually assessing admissions strategy to recruit a more diverse student body.
- Managing overall portfolio review guidelines to ensure acceptance standards are consistent and appropriate for the mission of the college.
- Proceeding over monthly admissions team meetings and regular admissions specialist meetings.
- Maintaining consistent and open communication to president of the college and marketing director regarding admissions goals and statistics.
- Managing scholarship budgets and review all accepted candidates for award eligibility.
- Assisting in the communication nurturing of prospective students via text, email, and phone.
- Foster relationships with high school teachers, guidance counselors, and other key stakeholders.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’ s degree is required.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of experience in admissions and/or sales.
- Higher education experience is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational capabilities with time management, conflict and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruitment training and development.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
- Highly motivational, energetic and collaborative personality.
- Ongoing student/customer focus at all times.
Are you ready to join a creative team and to change students’ lives? Apply online today and be a part of our students' future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.