Director of Design
3380 Langley Dr Hebron, KY 41048
Career Opportunity: Director of Design – Galerie – Hebron, KY
Can you WOW an audience with your designs? Can you lead a team of designers? Are image and presentation important to you? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
GALERIE® provides outstanding customer service while delivering fresh, innovative confectionery gifts of the highest quality and value. We are a design-driven enterprise, bringing more than 1, 200 items to retailers every year. In addition to the Galerie brand, our licensed product lines include Disney, Star Wars, Hershey, Minions, Trolls, Peppa Pig, Marvel and Warner Brothers. Our extensive seasonal and everyday offerings are perfect to give and receive!
We are looking for a Director of Design to be responsible for providing creative presentation documents for multiple sales accounts that will motivate customers and promote Galerie as a leader in the industry. In addition, this position will be in charge of all artwork as it pertains to product, placement and appearance on the Galerie website. As a Director of Design, you will:
- Design sales presentations in the form of written, printed or electronic matter that provides information and images to enhance and promote business.
- Manage the Galerie website in regard to product placement, design layout, descriptive information and all updates as needed by season or promotion (direct to consumer).
- Partner with the Product Development group to confirm the feasibility of concepts and specify retail price points assigned in the marketing plan prior to layouts being sent to customers.
- Participate in the brainstorming of products for potential line development.
- Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for key design projects.
- Mentor and supervise creative team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution.
- Motivate and influence creative team to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
- Convey and develop overall interactive team design vision by defining group direction and goals.
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs.
- Contribute strategically to brand design business component.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (or higher) in the field of Design / Graphics / Business Art.
- At least 5 years of experience in a design department, studio or agency.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Photography required. Knowledge of Video and 3D software is a plus.
What’ s in it for you?
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.