Director of Engineering
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Job Opportunity – Director of Engineering for equipment manufacturer in Northern Cincinnati
Do you have experience leading a team of engineers designing manufacturing equipment? Do you thrive on improving processes and delivering results? Can you drive improvements in quality, service levels, and design innovation? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
Our client is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead the design, research and engineering of manufacturing equipment while improving our product quality, service levels, and design innovation. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader that brings this capability as well as a vision for adoption of smart connected product features and capabilities across our platforms. This is a key leadership role and essential for the continued growth and success of the organization. As such, the position reports directly to the President of the organization. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Contribute to the company’ s strategic planning in short, mid, and long-term goal setting.
- Provide overall leadership and performance management of the product and aftermarket engineering teams as well as the research and development effort.
- Assign and oversee the design and engineering functions of several offices to support a wide range of global production and development programs.
- Expand use of smart connected features into product lines.
- Lead engineering teams located globally.
- Accountability for all product and development engineering and on time completion of required activity.
- Interface with clients and all department managers, sales and aftermarket teams, purchasing, production, and engineering personnel at multiple plants and suppliers.
- Investigate manufacturing problems at our manufacturing facilities and field installations and lead design efforts to improve business operations.
- Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement with a laser focus on increasing productivity and quality within the department.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering (or similar physical engineering discipline) with 10 plus years of professional experience leading a team of seasoned engineers.
- 7-10 years of design engineering experience with capital process equipment consisting of large rotating assemblies.
- At least 5-7 years of management/supervisory experience, with a proven record of successfully building/growing a quality focused engineering team.
- Requires a professional who is self-motivated, who drives with urgency who is able to develop strategies, make decisions and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, along with ERP, CAD and Engineering Data Management Systems knowledge.
- A strong customer focus, and excellent problem-solving capabilities. Will need to work seamlessly with sales and other departments, and support the organization’ s commitment to various unique client needs and demands.
- Requires the ability to travel 5-10% of the time.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.