Director of Financial Aid
1725 E David Road Kettering, OH 45440
Job Opportunity – Director of Financial Aid with Modern College of Design in Kettering, OH
Do you have experience in admissions and/or sales? Do you have a passion for higher-education? Do you thrive on helping others discover their potential? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For over three decades The Modern has been passionately pursuing excellence in design. Named as one of the top design schools in the country for 8 years in a row, our faculty and staff have served students with unwavering commitment and energy. Our students have poured themselves into their work – committed to their careers. As a result, we’ ve built a reputation for creating the next generation of design leaders.
The Modern is seeking a detail-oriented Director of Financial Aid to be responsible for managing all aspects of financial aid for students in The Modern College of Design. The Director of Financial Aid will also:
- Conduct financial aid interviews with ongoing and prospective Modern students and their families.
- Keep supervisor informed regarding money coming in and any problems encountered in working with current and former student accounts.
- Maintain an accurate data base of all student accounts.
- Administer Title IV, federal financial aid programs.
- Give all money/checks/electronic transfers to be deposited to the President with instructions regarding the sources of money, accounts to be accessed etc.
- Complete any required reports, audits, record-keeping required by outside organizations or the President or Vice Presidents.
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled within the guidelines of monitoring organizations (ACCSC, Federal Department of Education etc.)
- Conduct exit interviews with inactive students and graduates.
- Periodically attend admissions meetings at the request of your supervisor to inform them of the status of prospective students and their aid.
- Perform credit checks and certify loan applications through an on-line process with third party servicers/FAME.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration).
- Minimum of three to five years of experience working in financial aid and demonstrated expertise in all areas of financial aid.
- Knowledge of Federal and accreditation compliance standards.
- Experience working with Title IV regulations and third-party Financial Aid services.
- A strong interest in working directly with students and families.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently are required.
Are you ready to join a creative team and to change students’ lives? Apply online today and be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.