Director of Intellectual Property
1240 McCook Ave Dayton, OH 45404
Career Opportunity – Director of Intellectual Property – Global Graphene Group - Dayton, OH
Are you a Qualified Patent Attorney or registered patent agent? Do you have a strong track record of success in patent prosecution, transfer, or sales? Do you have previous Intellectual Property experience? If so, we would like to speak with you about this exciting opportunity!
Global Graphene Group (G3) is the first advanced materials company to offer large quantities of ultra-thin, pristine nano-graphene platelets (NGPs). We have the capacity to revolutionize how the world stores energy. On a daily basis, G3 is exploring the boundaries of graphene in search of new marketable ways graphene can be used across industries and globally. We are looking to add a Director of Intellectual Property to our team.
The Director of Intellectual Property will be responsible for the preparation, filing, prosecution, maintenance and protection of patents, trademarks, and other IPs generated by the organization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing high-volume in-house patent prosecution.
- Electronically filing US and PCT patent applications and prosecution documents.
- Providing training to in-house patent engineers.
- Writing patent applications as needed.
- Supporting the management of outside counsel, foreign filings and budgets.
- Acting as lead legal contact for licensing, development, and engineering services agreements.
- Providing guidance on IP issues in commercial and customer transactions.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements such as: patent property licenses (including patent and trademark licenses); joint development, collaboration and other strategic alliance agreements.
- Providing advice and counsel on intellectual property-related matters.
- Identifying IP sale of licensing opportunities.
The Director of Intellectual Property will supervise the Patent Paralegal and IP Engineers. The ideal candidate will have flexibility, a positive attitude, and an exceptional work ethic. Additional requirements are:
- B.S. degree, preferably in Scientific discipline or related field.
- Qualified Patent Attorney or registered patent agent, registered with USPTO.
- Five+ years previous IP law experience, in-house or at a law firm.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Battery, energy storage or nanomaterials industry experience
- Licensed to practice law in Ohio.
- Track record of successful patent sale or technology transfer
- Previous start-up experience
This is a once in a lifetime career opportunity! Global Graphene Group is an up-and-coming organization ready to do amazing things!
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Visit www.globalgraphenegroup.com to learn more. Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.