615 Elsinore Place, Suite 900 Cincinnati, OH 45202
Career Opportunity: Executive Assistant – Deaconess Associations, Inc.– Cincinnati, OH
Are you a detail-oriented and organized individual? Are you enjoy delivering superior service and playing a part of a team that is driven to succeed? Are you a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
Deaconess Associations, Inc. is a faith-based organization focused on enhancing the Greater Cincinnati’ s health and well-being through hospital and specialty healthcare services since 1888. Today Deaconess is an independent, diversified, not-for-profit enterprise managing a $600+ million portfolio of health services, programs, investments and community grant initiatives in Greater Cincinnati and across the country.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level support for executive management, including heavy calendar management and coordination of business meetings, while serving as the liaison between the executives and other departments within the organization. The Executive Assistant will manage overall administrative activities for the office, including coordinating necessary maintenance, housekeeping, building staff, etc. Additional responsibilities of this position are:
- Interacting with internal and external executives and assistants to schedule variety of business meetings.
- Handling incoming and outgoing phone / electronic communications on behalf of executive management.
- Routing incoming calls to appropriate party quickly and efficiently.
- Effectively schedule conference calls or online meetings.
- Arranging travel arrangements and reservations for executive management as needed.
- Independently creating well-organized, grammatically-correct memos, correspondence, and reports for distribution to members of various departments, the Board of Directors, Committee members, and outside partners.
- Assisting with event planning, i.e. annual fundraising events and holiday parties.
- Using software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data/ reports.
- Maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Assisting the Foundation with recording donations and new constituents, creating and sending acknowledgments, printing monthly and annual reports from the donor database, updating and maintaining website and social media accounts, working with accounting monthly to reconcile donations, and creating literature and marketing materials as requested.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Assistant position will be someone with a strong sense of responsibility and sound judgement. They will have a strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities. Additional requirements of this position are:
- Associate’ s degree required, Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- Five years or more of experience as an executive administrative assistant in a CEO/President level setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel: comfortable creating various types of graphs, and converting data into graphics and other visual aids.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Strong technical aptitude when it comes to company-specific programs and software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company to outside parties.
- Willing to be available on the occasional evening or weekend if necessary.
- Familiarity with payroll software, medical/dental/vision insurance, and related state and federal regulations a plus.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
If you have a calling to serve and are looking to join a growing company, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.