Food Packaging Quality Technician
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Job Opportunity – Food Packaging QC/QA Lab Tech in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a self-motivated individual that has a passion for the food and beverage industry? Do you have experience working with HACCP and finished goods? If you answered yes, then we have an opportunity for you!
Our client in Cincinnati is recruiting for a Food Package team Quality Control / Quality Assurance Lab Technician who can test, document, problem solve, maintain our quality and food safety programs and ensure we are shipping out safe quality products. A proven track record of experience working with HACCP and finished retail goods is essential. This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to come in and take ownership of their role and grow with the company.
What you will do:
- Inspect raw, finished and packaging materials to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Review batch tickets for each batch made to ensure formula, processing, and packing procedures were accurately followed.
- Create, maintain and update all GFSI procedures and forms.
- Maintain, test and troubleshoot all instrumentation devices.
- Communicate with all departments to address process observations, changes and issues.
- Maintain retain samples of each batch and their appropriate storage.
- Collect and prepare microbiological samples to send to our 3rd party laboratory.
- Maintain documentation including but not limited to: entering sample data results into Oracle, updating raw, packaging and finished product specifications.
- Perform routine audits of production area and process.
- Minimum BA/BS in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Food and Beverage Industry; experience in packaging and manufacturing a plus.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and GFSI experience.
- Working knowledge of finished goods packaging and finished goods labeling.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us and apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.