HVAC Sales Engineer
670 E 5th Ave Columbus, OH 43201
Job Opportunity: HVAC Sales Engineer with Allied Supply in Columbus, Ohio
Do you have a hunter’ s mentality with the drive to sell? Are you a self-driven multi-tasker with the ability to grow a territory of your own? Do you have HVAC/R experience or knowledge? If so, then we have an exciting Sales Engineer opportunity for you.
Allied Supply Company is a family owned and operated full-service wholesale distributor of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air filtration and building management controls. We are 82 years strong and still growing. Our Vision statement reads; " We will be the Midwest' s premier HVAC/R distributor, distinctive and successful in everything we do." We sell only to contractors and end-users that are in the business of repairing and maintaining HVAC/R systems and equipment. We are looking for an HVAC Sales Engineer to Join our team!
As the HVAC Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships within the assigned territory with engineers, architects, mechanical contractors, general contractors, residential contractors and owners. Additional responsibilities include:
- Growing the Business - establishing new customer contacts / increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Analyzing the territory, develop, execute and monitor sales and product trends and programs.
- Providing technical support to customers and associates.
- Designing / building VRF systems with onsite walk-thru support along with full proposals, as well as performing plan/spec takeoffs when applicable.
- Placing of orders, submittals and O&M manuals.
- Managing multiple priorities consistently.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as strong customer service, presentation and computer skills. This person will have a:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related degree), or other higher education plus sales/HVAC experience.
- Hunter mentality – growing the territory via cold-calling.
- VRF and applied products (engineered systems) knowledge preferred.
- CAD and Load Calc software experience beneficial, but not required.
- Possess basic knowledge of HVACR Industry.
- Willingness to learn industry regulations and how they apply to our customers.
- Proven track-record of meeting established sales and profit quotas preferred.
- Previous experience writing sales proposals.
- Strong critical-thinking skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, disciplined.
- May require occasional overnight travel.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.