Junior Flavors Regulatory Affairs Specialist
10139 Commerce Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45246
Job Opportunity: Junior Flavors Regulatory Affairs Specialist – Frutarom – Cincinnati, OH
Do you have hands-on experience with food, flavors, and food ingredient regulatory compliance? Do you have a strong background in quality assurance programs? Are you a strong communicator and trainer? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The Junior Flavors Regulatory Affairs Specialist will be responsible for managing document control of raw material and finished product information. The Junior Flavors Regulatory Affairs Specialist be responsible for overseeing Quality Assurance systems, procedures, and staff at the Grow site.
Additionally, the Junior Flavors Regulatory Affairs Specialist will oversee all Frutarom USA Inc. Taste sites, with the following responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate response to customer requirements and inquiries via email, phone, and other means.
- Supporting the continuous compliance with all regulatory requirements and their changes, i.e. FDA (Food and Drug Administration); NOP Organic Certification; shipping and safety requirements for SDS creation; OH, CA, and GA State and Local Health agencies; and international requirements for export of food ingredients and flavors.
- Creating and maintaining updated/accurate records for certifications and required documents, such as Safety Data Sheets, Technical Specification Sheets, Product labeling, as well as certificates for Kosher, Halal and Organic materials.
- Maintaining customer third party websites.
- Maintaining and creating updated and accurate records of statements for: Country-of-Origin, Nutritional, Natural, GMO, Allergen, etc.
- Maintaining Oracle databases with regulatory information and ensuring the accuracy of information and developing the ability to spot potential issues and raise concerns.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable familiarity with the various domestic and international regulations governing the flavor, food ingredient, cosmetic and fragrance industries, as well as familiarity with the compliance requirements of certifications (Kosher, Halal, Organic, etc.). Other requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS Degree, Science, or Food Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Regulatory Affairs in the flavor and/or food ingredient Industry.
- Effective communication skills with ALL levels of the organization and external customers.
- Hands-on experience training ALL levels of the organization in regulatory compliance programs and their requirements.
- Demonstrable skills in TTB, DMF, and DOT requirements, combined with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Direct experience in successfully managing the regulatory compliance of flavor, food and/or food ingredient companies, as well as compliance statements to customers.
- Hands-on experience in the timely and accurate response to customer questionnaires, inquiries and technical requests.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Additional Quality Assurance experience in same industries is highly desirable but not a prerequisite to this position.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.