Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
1401 Steffen Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45215
Career Opportunity: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with The HealthCare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
Are you an LPN looking to make a difference in your community with your exceptional level of patient care? Ready to work a consistent daytime schedule? The HealthCare Connection has your next opportunity!
The HealthCare Connection connects all persons to quality healthcare--all ages, all cultures, and all incomes. The Mt. Healthy and Lincoln Heights facilities are currently seeking LPNs. In this role, you will assist providers in providing patient care in compliance with established procedures. You must be willing to provide care to both adult and pediatric patients.
As LPN, you will:
- Provide direct nursing care including interviewing patients to determine problem/condition, documenting in EHR, obtain vital statistics and weight
- Assist with telephone and walk-in triage and general patient follow up, including medication refills, with approval
- Coordinate referrals for patients, obtain approval from insurance company and schedule interpreters as needed
- Assure that all necessary paperwork and electronic medical record entries are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain equipment and supplies
- Record information on all required logs, including temperature logs for vaccines and perform monthly vaccine inventory
- Graduate of Licensed Practical Nursing Program with a current Ohio license to practice as an LPN
- 1-year experience in a primary care setting; experience in community health nursing is preferred but experience in a private physician practice or other like environment can be substituted
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated clinical skills and leadership competencies, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, and team building
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information while working with persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Must exhibit the ability to multi-task, direct the work of others, and solve problems
Founded in 1967, we were Ohio’ s first community health center. Our mission is the same today as it was when we first opened for operation. We are a leader in providing affordable, quality healthcare to medically underserved, underinsured, and uninsured persons living in northern Hamilton County.
If you are looking for a great career in a caring, compassionate and non-profit organization, submit your resume online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.