Manager of Product Engineering
4393 Digital Way Mason, OH 45040
Are you passionate about new product development? Do you excel as a Mechanical Engineer? Do you want to be part of a great product? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We have need for a Manager of Product Engineering to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. The Manager of Product Engineering will own and be responsible for the team of mechanical engineers and designers focused primarily on new product development activities. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for developing the individuals on their team, driving consistency in quality and process, and taking a leadership role in the execution of development projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and growing the team of 6 to 12 Mechanical Engineers and Designers.
- Planning team assignments across new product development projects based on expertise and resource utilization.
- Building and maintaining relationships with contract engineering firms to supplement internal capabilities.
- Leading engineering teams through new product development projects and company initiatives.
- Coordinating active projects with Project Managers on schedules, Engineers on execution, and internal customers on deliverables.
- Conducting the systems engineering role to coordinate activities between internal and external engineering groups, as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience managing teams of Engineers.
- 1+ years’ experience working with contract engineering firms.
- Expertise with driving quality engineering practices around drawing management, ERP practices, CAD systems (SolidWorks), and application of engineering fundamentals for machine design.
- Experience designing and developing industrial or consumer electronic products.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.