1425 Kingsview Dr Lebanon, OH 45036
Job Opportunity – Manual Machinist with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Do you thrive on machining complex parts with unusual contours and finishes? Are you an expert with fixturing, tooling, and all things machining? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber, wood and recovered material processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires.
Kadant is looking for a Manual Machinist to machine component parts to specified dimensions and tolerances. This position will be on 1st Shift. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Set up, adjust, and efficiently operate machine tools to achieve close/exact tolerances on products with various dimensions and unusual contours and finish specifications.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Maintain and inspect cutting tools for sharpness and usability.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as required.
- Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and parts to ensure that equipment is in optimal production condition.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Vocational training certificate preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with machine tool operation.
- Past experience with VTLs, Radial Drills, Horizontal Mills, Key Mills, Lathes, and Blanchard Grinding equipment.
- Have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and measuring equipment (i.e. micrometers, calipers, PI tape, etc.).
- Be able to operate a fork lift and overhead crane.
- Have the ability to maintain machinery, equipment, and tools used in machining.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.