Ophthalmic Technician / Surgery Scheduler
5240 East Galbraith Cincinnati, OH 45236
Career Opportunity: Ophthalmic Technician / Surgery Scheduler (Kenwood Location) – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH
Do you just love being part of the ophthalmology world? Do you have ophthalmic experience and a passion for providing friendly customer service? We have the perfect opportunity for you at our company with a history of growth and outstanding leadership!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
We are currently looking for Full Time Ophthalmic Technician / Surgery Scheduler at our Kenwood location on Galbraith Road in Cincinnati, OH. The Ophthalmic Technician / Surgery Scheduler will be responsible for:
- Performing diagnostic tests including but not limited to the following: pupil assessment, visual acuity, tonometry, lensometry, color vision testing, OCT, Lenstar and visual field testing.
- Performing refractions utilizing auto-refraction, manifest refraction and Epic refraction techniques.
- Taking medical history of patients (both ocular and medical) and family history (both ocular and medical) and document in medical records.
- Instilling eye medication for dilation and treatment.
- Assisting doctor in navigating the EMR and locating information.
- Supporting work flow and documentation for medical record coding including scribing at the direction of the doctor.
- Meeting with patients and their families to communicate surgery details.
- Coordinating surgeries.
- Providing patients and their families with pre and post-operative instructions.
- Working with the surgical facility and insures all required information, charts, and required documentation are provided in a timely manner.
- Determining cosmetic pricing, quoting and calculating payments.
- Obtaining pre-authorizations and referrals when necessary.
- Participating as a member of the ophthalmic research team performing administrative and ophthalmic testing as required by study protocol under the direction of the Clinical Research Coordinator.
Apex Eye is looking for its Ophthalmic Technician / Surgery Scheduler to be empathetic, well- organized and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patients.
- Ophthalmic certification preferred.
- At least 1 year of prior medical office experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong computer and math skills, including familiarity with electronic records and ICD-10.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.