Optician or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)
6507 Harrison Ave e, Cincinnati, OH 45247
Career Opportunity: Optician or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH (Green Township)
Are you an Optician or COA with outstanding customer service skills and a keen attention to detail? Are you looking for a professional position in an exciting medical office environment? If you would like to become part of a company with a history of growth and outstanding leadership we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH area.
We are searching for a part-time or full-time Optician or COA to work at our Green Township office. The Optician/COA will be responsible for:
- Driving sales of both contacts and lenses (Quarterly Optical Bonus Incentive).
- Ordering both contact lenses and lab orders.
- Ensuring eyewear meets optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Adjusting/repairing damaged frames, replacing nose pads, and missing screws.
- Pricing, stocking and straightening merchandise.
- Running daily and monthly reports.
- Preparing daily deposit slips.
Apex Eye is looking for its Optician/COA to be well organized, adaptable and energetic, in addition to having:
- Previous sales & marketing experience a plus.
- Licensed Optician and NCLE certified a plus (must be willing to become licensed).
- At least 2 years of prior optical/ophthalmology office experience is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong computer skills.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today! Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.