Phone/Insurance Verification Specialist
Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity: Phone/Insurance Verification Specialist – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
We are looking for a Phone/Insurance Verification Specialist in our practice based in our Mason, OH office. The Phone/Insurance Verification Specialist will be responsible for:
- Data entry of patient information
- Answer phones.
- Contact insurance companies by phone to verify eligibility and benefits
- Utilize the insurance companies websites to obtain data
- Accurately and thoroughly document the ophthalmic exam and procedures into EMR
- Proper charting of the exam, documenting additions to the chief complaint, assessment and recommendations for treatment
- Perform preliminary screening to include patient’ s medical history, visual acuity, and other procedures.
- Work positively and effectively with employees
- Work with Oculoplastics team to convey pertinent information about benefits to patients.
- Be adaptable to occasional changes in workflow.
Apex Eye is looking for its Phone/Insurance Verification Specialist to be empathetic, well- organized and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care
- At least 1 year of prior medical office experience is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong computer and math skills, including familiarity with electronic records and ICD-10.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today by sending your resume and salary requirements to HR@apexeye.com. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.