Lebanon, OH 45036
Job Opportunity – Plant Manager with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Are you a plant manager with a focus on quality and efficiency? Do you thrive on improving processes and delivering results? Are you able to make the jigsaw puzzle of machining, welding, and fabrication make sense for operations? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber processing; fluid handling; doctoring, cleaning, and filtration; and wood processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires.
Kadant is looking for a Plant Manager to be responsible for managing production for manufacturing and the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of our facility and our employees. We are looking for an expert in Lean manufacturing processes to optimize our operations. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct production, warehousing, and shipments.
- Manage performance of personnel, and monitor employee compliance toward safety.
- Ensure department personnel are provided a suitable opportunity for development and training in order to allow them to satisfy their present position requirements and prepare themselves for broader responsibilities.
- Review, update, and approve position descriptions for all department personnel, set corresponding objectives, regularly measure performance and advise department employees of their standing, and guide them in improving their performance.
- Direct the recruitment and selection of key personnel as necessary.
- Administer the compensation of the department employees, including review and approval of changes.
- Strive for continuous improvement by implementing Lean methodologies.
- Generate capital plan to improve/maintain the efficiency of the facility and develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Review production costs and product quality; modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the manufacturing facility.
- Operate the facility within approved budget.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree, or technical school training with equivalent experience.
- 10 years of management experience with relative manufacturing, fabricating, and machining background.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing principals.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Past experience with ERP systems.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards?
Apply online today and be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.