3380 Langley Dr Hebron, KY 41048
Career Opportunity: Product Developer – Galerie – Hebron, KY
Do you have a passion for bringing new products to life? Can you take rough art and turn it into sales samples? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
GALERIE® provides outstanding customer service while delivering fresh, innovative confectionery gifts of the highest quality and value. We are a design-driven enterprise, bringing more than 1, 200 items to retailers every year. In addition to the Galerie brand, our licensed product lines include Disney, Star Wars, Hershey, Minions, Trolls, Peppa Pig, Marvel and Warner Brothers. Our extensive seasonal and everyday offerings are perfect to give and receive!
We are looking for a Product Developer to manage the development of a product from rough art to approved sales sample at the required margins. This position will modify existing product as needed to provide a “ new” look for sales presentations and develop a mastery of component development – learning aspects of product development, including candy, packaging, labeling, assembly, duties, product safety, etc. by working with Merchandise Manager and Marketing.
As a Product Developer, you will:
- Create Bill of Material (test or comp KIT) from rough art (post-it or line plan); this will include all cost elements that can affect the product.
- Provide direction for size, colors, and complexity for Design Group to create final art.
- Coordinate with selected vendors to obtain pricing from final design requirements.
- Work with each vendor to get approved counter-samples and negotiate pricing.
- Recommend solutions as needed to meet reliability, safety, packaging issues as well as to minimize total costs as practical.
- Make recommendations for changes to product size, construction, packaging, or candy as applicable to meet the margin & design objectives.
- Assure that lines close on time to meet customer sales dates.
- Provide Sample room with a signed off kit of new items so that they can order the items immediately upon item approval.
- Ensure product files are complete with quotes from vendors (component sheets) as well as any other information needed to complete final costing.
- Know material characteristics (ceramic, acrylic, plush, etc.).
- Understand market trends, especially as it affects the assigned line.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’ s degree.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in food, beverage, confectionary, or similar business category.
- Product development experience in creating samples and prototypes.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to get jobs done.
What’ s in it for you?
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.