Product Development Manager
6156 Wesselman Rd Cincinnati, OH 45248
Job Opportunity – Product Development Manager with Sur-Seal in Cincinnati, OH
At Sur-Seal, we’ ve been designing and manufacturing sealing products for OEM customers across multiple industries for 53+ years. We embrace the idea that each customer challenge is unique and pride ourselves on helping them find the right, unique solution.
Our purpose is to make the world safer, cleaner and brighter. We are a leader in the design and development of sealing solutions for numerous industries including Lighting & Electronics, HVAC, Industrial and Healthcare. Want to learn more about Sur-Seal? Follow this link to see a video on why we are different (Sur-Seal Culture).
We are adding a Product Development Manager to our Development Engineering team to support the growth of our business. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person will help advance and elevate innovation in our material solutions and product lines. The Product Development Manager will partner closely with the Sales Engineering group and the Global Sourcing group to serve both internal and external customers. This role will identify and validate new materials and innovative approaches by leveraging and maintaining our strong network of supplier and partner organizations. This role will provide vital support and contribution to Sur-Seal’ s material product lines roadmap for the next 5 to 10 years and beyond. We need a Product Development Manager who can leverage their talent, experience and ability to help us scale our New Product Development in-line with the growth of our business.
Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and expand material product lines in focused application and market spaces
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and Sur-Seal internal teams to create new and strategic material product line solutions
- Qualify new materials for specific applications and industries
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Engineering, Sourcing, Quality, and Production Engineering to complete development projects that meet requirements on performance, quality and pricing
- Champion our customer intimacy business model by living Sur-Seal’ s core values of “ customer care” and “ innovation”
- Connect with a wide-ranging supplier network to drive new material development
- Be a spokesperson for Sur-Seal engineering competencies, including creating technical literature and presentations, and speaking and presenting this content to customer groups
- Support sustainable win-win relationships within key customer accounts
- Attend appropriate conferences to drive innovation ideas; work in trade show booths as needed
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitor’ s products, innovation and pricing
- Prepare drawings, sketches, specifications or testing plans as required, design or modify existing products or materials to suit customer needs and prepare proposals for the customer
- Maintain awareness and support Materials Compliance such as REACH, RoHS, and CA Prop 65
This role requires high energy, innovation, personal accountability, teamwork, continuous communication, and focus on achieving results. Other requirements of this position include:
- BS degree in Engineering or BA in Material Science required (Rubber, Polymer, Chemistry, etc.)
- 7+ Years of professional work experience preferred (Minimum of 3 Years Required)
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Experience with UL, NSF, FDA and other 3rd party Material Standards Certification preferred
- Understand rubber and polymer materials
- Work effectively with people and data: negotiating, persuading, communicating, analyzing, evaluating, imputing, reporting and synthesizing data
- Adapt quickly to new technologies and products
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.