Engineer (Rubber Materials Development)
6156 Wesselman Rd Cincinnati, OH 45248
Job Opportunity – Engineer (Rubber Materials Development) with Sur-Seal in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have a passion for developing new and upgraded products? Can you work with clients to solve real world problems? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a half century, Sur-Seal has been providing innovative solutions to internationally known manufacturers in the HVAC, Lighting, and Medical industries. Sur-Seal is a leader in rubber and plastic products, has revolutionized lighting with optically clear silicone and thermal interface materials, and provides rapid prototyping capabilities in clean room environments. We excel at innovation.
Sur-Seal is looking for an Engineer (Rubber Materials Development) to utilize technical competence, customer focus, and problem-solving skills to provide innovative solutions that meet customer requirements. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Work closely with the engineering teams of our customers to develop product solutions
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and Sur-Seal internal teams to complete development projects that meet requirements on performance, quality and pricing
- Develop and qualify new solutions to new customer challenges
- Develop extended value engineering roadmap for key accounts
- Pro-actively implement advantageous solutions based on alternative material or alternative process for strategic parts of key accounts
- Be a spokesperson for Sur-Seal engineering competencies, including creating technical literature and presentations, and speaking and presenting this content to customer groups
- Support sustainable win-win relationships within key customer accounts
- Attend appropriate conferences to drive innovation ideas; work in trade show booths as needed
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitor’ s products, innovation and pricing
- Prepare drawings, sketches, specifications or testing plans as required, design or modify existing products or materials to suit customer needs and prepare proposals for the customer
- Travel as necessary to effectively accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities
This role requires high energy, innovation, personal accountability, teamwork, continuous communication, and focus on achieving results. Other requirements of this position include:
- BS degree in Engineering required, prefer Mechanical Engineering or Material Science with knowledge of Rubber Materials
- 6 Years of professional work experience preferred (3 Years Required)
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Experience with UL, NSF, FDA and other 3rd party Certifications preferred
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.