1425 Kingsview Dr Lebanon, OH 45036
Job Opportunity – Product Engineer with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Are you passionate about designing new equipment? Are you adept at customizing existing products to meet client specific needs? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber processing; fluid handling; doctoring, cleaning, and filtration; and wood processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires. We are proud of our long, successful history in serving the industry offering technically differentiated solutions for over 145 years! Kadant is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (KAI), and we have an immediate opportunity for a Product Engineer.
Kadant is looking for a Product Engineer who will be responsible for designing, engineering, and supporting manufacturing functions, from initial concept to final production of new equipment, and/or alterations to existing products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Makes preliminary and final layouts of major portions of equipment assuming responsibility for all necessary calculations of design elements and documentation.
- Reviews assignment and specifications in light of designing demands and negotiates alterations or revisions to requests or proposals, if necessary.
- Designs products using solid modeling/parametric design software and other technologies as appropriate, and may include FEA and other analysis techniques, as appropriate.
- Assigns, oversees, and checks work of the Designers and ensures they are using KBC standard modeling practices.
- Creates and maintains all necessary files and records, including standard BOMs, assemblies, and product line development requirements.
- Prepares technical information as required, including development of product manuals, documentation of ancillary items, and provides the Applications group with mechanical details required for the technical information bulletin (TIB).
- Reviews all project drawings for conformance with current standards and takes corrective action where required.
- Initiates inquiries via Purchasing to outside suppliers.
- Investigates problems in shop or with field installation as assigned; reviews and processes engineering change requests and engineering change notices.
- Supervises other employees and/or contractors.
- Researches installed equipment and gathers data for sales and applications use in support of clients and proposals.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4 plus years’ experience in complex fabrications, large castings, rotating machinery and/or capital process equipment.
- Strong understanding of sound GD&T practices.
- Ability to develop practical solutions to large system integration projects utilizing prior solid design experience.
- Advanced understanding of SolidWorks CAD and ANSYS FEA software (required).
- Experience managing the Accounts Receivable function.
- Strong communication, customer service, and organization skills.
- Experience with an integrated ERP system.
Are you ready to join the team in our new State-of-the-Art manufacturing facility? We are committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards. We offer an excellent benefits package. Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.