Cincinnati, OH 45242
Career Opportunity: Production Manager, West Side of Cincinnati, OH
Do you thrive on production planning to optimize efficiency? Do you consistently go the extra mile to ensure products are manufactured with superior quality? If you answered yes, then we have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Production Manager to join our manufacturing team. This person manages and directs all production activities in the manufacturing facility, including preparation of production reports and summaries, forecasts of future production resource needs, and general production outlook. This person will:
- Monitor and enforce safety policies in conjunction with the Safety Manager.
- Approve working hours (overtime) for all shop floor departments and communicate weekly hours to the team.
- Monitor and enforce work start, break, and stop times of the shop personnel.
- Coordinate daily shop activities and ensure the execution of the schedule by the appropriate personnel, with the goal of exceeding 90% of the daily requirements.
- Provide department supervisors with weekly departmental efficiency, on-time delivery, and schedule attainment performance reports.
- Utilize the weekly departmental metrics to identify areas of low performance and develop and maintain training programs to ensure that all personnel have the necessary skills to perform their duties safely and productively.
- Communicate clear expectations to shop personnel and develop resolutions when expectations are not being met. Daily audits of the previous day’ s work for each department must be performed and reviewed with each supervisor.
- Fill out maintenance and purchase requests as necessary.
To be successful in this role, this individual will need:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associated Degree or higher preferred.
- 5 years of leadership experience in a metal fabrication environment is required.
- Extensive knowledge of fabrication and welding operations required.
- Experience in a machine shop with both manual and CNC systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement (Kaizen, 5S, 6 Sigma, etc.).
- Strong management, supervisory, and leadership skills.
We are looking for customer and quality focused individuals that share our passion to deliver great products to our clients. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.