6156 Wesselman Rd Cincinnati, OH 45248
Job Opportunity – Production Scheduler with Sur-Seal in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have experience making decisions in order to maintain an efficient, flexible, and productive manufacturing schedule? Do you thrive being in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
How would you like to work for a company known as a Cincinnati Top Place to work in 2018, has a great team-oriented culture, and is rapidly growing? Sur-Seal is a manufacturer of custom designed sealing solutions, but what really sets us apart is our team of dedicated people. If you want to be challenged and have continuous opportunity to learn and grow, Sur-Seal is your new career.
The Production Scheduler position at Sur-Seal is critical to the success of each production team member and our customers. At Sur-Seal we have a fast paced and ever-changing production environment that challenges us to get a little better every single day. We strive to make our customers satisfied with superior service, and scheduling plays an important part of making sure the team has the best chance to succeed.
This position uses a variety of inputs to schedule production. Scheduling decisions and order modifications are input based on information received from MRP/ERP systems as well as other electronic scheduling tools. Also, scheduling decisions will consider input from Area Leaders, Team Leaders, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Engineering teams. Having a constant awareness of capacity constraints, material arrival times, customer demand changes, and quality issues is key for maintaining an efficient, flexible, and productive schedule.
Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Communicate statuses on jobs through daily reports and huddle participation.
- Ownership of on-time delivery and creating the most effective schedule possible so that the Sur-Seal team can best meet customer’ s expectations.
- Monitor expedites as well as other high priority jobs and communicate issues when they arise.
- Review weekly shortfall reports for critical customers and making job and schedule changes as needed.
- Enter new jobs daily based on MRP recommendations.
- Modify jobs to determine how and when jobs will be run (priority, date, qty, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with the Material Coordinator and/or the distribution center on getting expedited parts or materials transported quickly.
- Review late OPEN jobs in the schedule and make changes as needed based on material allocation.
- Review OPEN NPI (new part introduction) jobs in the schedule and research the status in the NPI system.
- Own and complete 2 sections in the NPI system: Scheduling and MRP.
- Update ERP data (forecast information, safety stock changes, ROQ’ s, etc.).
- Review customer forecasts when provided to watch for significant spikes or drops in usage and discuss the impact with Customer Service, Production, and Purchasing.
- Manage Sub Jobs with most Sub Suppliers (includes both Job and Sub PO creation).
- Create job backorders as needed which includes material return and re-scan to the new backorder job.
- Clock off work center info in Shop Floor Manager for multi-step work center jobs.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, self-starter, with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’ s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience scheduling a multifaceted manufacturing operation is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
- Strong understanding of the process flow for all production work centers.
- Must exhibit a high degree of attention to detail since data input accuracy is crucial
- Strong computer skills.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards?
Apply online today and be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.