Quality Assurance Manager
55 Railroad Avenue Ridgefield, NJ 07657
Job Opportunity: Quality Assurance Manager – Frutarom / Grow Company – Ridgefield, NJ
Do you have an analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills? Do you have a strong background in quality assurance programs? Are you a strong performer in the food, flavor and beverage industry? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining a working environment that is health and safety conscious while leading by example. This position will be required to liaise with the QC Lead Operative/Supervisor to ensure all QC department procedures related to quality parameter testing for all raw materials, intermediates, and finished products are correct. The Quality Assurance Manager be responsible for overseeing Quality Assurance systems, procedures, and staff at the Grow site.
Additionally, the Quality Assurance Manager will:
- Manage and maintain the company’ s Quality Management System.
- Oversee daily operation and performance of the GROW Quality Assurance activities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for technical and quality discussions with customers.
- Direct production for resolution of quality related issues and monitor production activities to identify quality-related process improvements.
- Analyze processes and lead continuous improvement program for the Grow site.
- Implementation and management of facility-wide GMP and HACCP programs.
- Ensure Customer Complaint system is being used correctly, and complaints are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure root cause investigations are being completed correctly and corrective actions are suitable adequate and effective.
- Verify facility’ s Pest Control program is being maintained.
- Investigate and resolve supplier complaints with Purchasing Department and directly with the supplier as needed
- Manage non-conformance control, material review board and corrective and preventive measures; prepare and present all information for local and global Quality Management reviews.
- Responsible for supplier & contract manufacturer audits, as well as document control.
- Ensure internal audits are completed on time and are suitable, adequate, and effective.
- Maintain databases with accurate quality information.
- Enforce company personnel, operational and safety policies and procedures as they relate to all GROW Nutrients employees.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to lead implementation and management of product safety programs, as well as have direct experience in the successful implementation and/or management of GMP, HACCP, pest control and related programs in flavor, food or food ingredient companies. Other requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS Degree, Science or Food Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in direct management of a Quality Assurance program within the flavor, food and/or food ingredient industries. BA/BS Degree in Chemical, Science or Food Technology.
- Familiarity with the requirements for either SQF 2000 or FSCC 23000 certification.
- Familiarity with requirements of certifications (Kosher, Halal, Organic, etc.).
- Have a complete understanding of Global and US Food Regulations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with ALL levels of the organization + external customers.
- Direct experience in training ALL levels of the organization in Quality Assurance and product safety programs and their requirements.
- Experience managing the Quality Assurance function within an integrated ERP operating environment (Oracle, SAP, Renaissance, etc.).
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.