Registered Nurse - Blue Ash
5053 Wooster Road Cincinnati, OH 45226
Career Opportunity: Registered Nurse – Oncology Hematology Care, Inc. – Blue Ash, OH
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional care for patients? Do you pride yourself on your compassionate and empathetic care? Are you organized with strong multi-tasking skills? If you’ ve answered “ yes” to these questions, then OHC has the opportunity for you!
For over 30 years, OHC (Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.) has served as the region’ s premier provider of treatments for cancer and blood disorders, offering a wide range of services and state-of-the-art treatments and technologies, as well as being nationally recognized for cutting edge clinical research breakthroughs. OHC puts patients first by delivering compassionate and convenient care, tailored to meet a patient’ s medical and personal needs.
OHC is looking for a Registered Nurse to join their Treatment Suite team. The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care related to all aspects of physician ambulatory treatment administration including assessment in response to therapy, access device management, side effect and symptom management of treatment regimen. Additional responsibilities of a Registered Nurse are:
- Performing aseptic admixture of chemotherapeutic and other medication agents for treatment administration.
- Providing direct patient care through patient assessment, treatment administration, access device management, side effect and symptom management and monitoring response to treatment regimen.
- Collaborating with physicians, nursing staff, clinical coordinator and the interdisciplinary team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Providing teaching/education with the patient and their family to meet and support their desired outcomes as necessary.
- Serving as a conduit for education follow up and reinforcement between the physician, APP and Nurse Navigator.
- Performing all documentation requirements in the treatment suite including, but not limited to, medication lot numbers, patient care encounters, patient medication labeling, charge capture, incident reporting.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse will be empathetic, highly organized, flexible and has the ability to multi-task. Additionally, he or she will have:
- Associate degree or diploma required. Bachelor' s degree (BSN) from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Active RN License for the state(s) of practice.
- One to two years’ experience in oncology preferred.
- Active certification from Oncology Nursing Society in administration of Chemotherapy and Biotherapy required within six months of employment. Certification must be maintained.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Oncology Certified Nurse professional certification preferred.
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) membership preferred.
If you’ re interested in joining a growing team to make a positive impact on patients’ lives, come apply online today!
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.