Regulatory Affairs Manager
Ridgefield, NJ 07657
Job Opportunity: Regulatory Affairs Manager – Frutarom / Grow Co. – Ridgefield, NJ
Are you an analytical and problem-solving professional? Do you have a strong background in product regulatory programs? Are you a strong performer in the food, flavor and beverage industry? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom, located in West Chester, is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory issues for our product portfolio, stopping non-compliant processes, and approving non-conformances and corrective actions. The Regulatory Affairs Manager will act as a delegate in the absence of the Quality Systems Manager, and will approve raw material and finished product regulatory documentation.
Additionally, the Regulatory Affairs Manager will be responsible for:
- Inputting and maintaining for Allergen, GMO, product, and raw material data.
- Legal compliance and maintaining contact with authorities.
- Keeping developers and other staff within the company up to date with new legislation.
- Inputting data from supplier/material questionnaires.
- Formula Administration, product / raw material specs, and handling customer questionnaires.
- Declarations related to regulatory status.
- Providing all relevant regulations, keeping an updated system, and MSDS administration.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to lead implementation and processes to achieve and maintain our necessary certifications. Other requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS Degree in Chemical, Science or Food Technology.
- Minimum of 2 years combined experience, preferably in a Supervisor level role, in direct oversight or implementation of regulatory programs within the chemical, flavor, supplements, food and/or food ingredient industries.
- Prior Regulatory experience is mandatory.
- Familiarity with the requirements for Global Food Safety Initiative (e.g. Safe Quality Food certification), as well as FSMA, cGMP, HACCP, and Prerequisite Programs.
- Familiarity with requirements of Quality certifications (Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GMO etc.)
- Demonstrable familiarity with the various domestic and international regulations governing the flavor, beverage, and food ingredient industries.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company.
Come join us!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.