Sales Representative / Membership Development
3 East Fourth St., Suite 200 Cincinnati, OH 45202
Job Opportunity – Sales Representative / Membership Development with Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber in downtown Cincinnati, OH
Are you a self-motivated, results driven individual with a strong desire and natural ability to sell? Are you future focused with the ability to identify future market trends? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber grows the vibrancy and economic prosperity of the Cincinnati region by serving as a bold voice for the interests of its nearly 4, 000 member-businesses and their more than 300, 000 employees. The Chamber is committed to expanding the region' s talent base by attracting new residents and finding new ways to connect employers to skilled workers. By harnessing the power of the Cincinnati region' s unique offerings, implementing a regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
We are currently seeking a Sales Representative, Membership Development to grow our membership through the identification, securement and retention of new relationships. This position will be responsible for all components of the sales cycle, from prospect to close and retention. This individual is committed to sourcing, building and maintaining relationships and is eager to increase the engagement and satisfaction of our members. This individual will generate proposals and close sales using a consultative sales approach to prospect, qualify and secure meetings with C-suite decision makers of targeted companies. It is critical that this individual understand and share the mission, vision and value-proposition of the Chamber; be excited about and supportive of the work we do; have a strong desire to grow our business through sales/relationship acquisition; and is driven by a desire to exceed goals and contribute to a strong sales culture.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop business and high-level contact relationships with targeted prospects.
- Use research and prospecting resources such as: traditional media, online, social media and networking.
- Generate membership proposals and close sales by relying on a variety of communication and sales tactics. Focus on identifying and responding to customer needs/wants.
- Measure and ensure customer satisfaction by completing a written engagement and ROI plan for 1st year members.
- Coordinate sales efforts with Senior Director, Sales & Engagement to identify prospects and collaborate on execution of the sales plan.
- Build pipeline & robust funnel of business that progressively move up in likelihood to close.
- Work in a consultative manner with current & prospective members by recognizing their strategic business needs, short- and long-term goals, and areas of opportunity, and proposing Chamber-solutions: appropriate level of membership, member benefits and services programs, event registration, networking opportunities, etc.
- Nurture and deepen the Chamber’ s relationship with our member benefits partners by providing support, information, and guidance as needed; researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Support members or by routing communication, requests and feedback to the appropriate internal party/department. Solve member problems.
- Identify market trends for relevant industries & other chambers and provide input to the development of member programs and services that will attract and engage new and current members.
- Enter and analyze data through CRM tool (Personify) to monitor team performance and success, and to identify areas of opportunity for new sales.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred. May be substituted for equivalent formal training in sales skills, strategy and technique.
- Minimum of three years of professional sales experience required.
- Minimum of three years of relationship management experience required.
- Experience closing sales in-person and by phone required.
- Experience with mid-market and corporate size company sales (50+ employees) preferred.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.