Scribe / Technician
Green Township, OH 45247
Career Opportunity: Scribe / Technician (Green Township location) – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH
Are you detail oriented and passionate about customer service. Do you enjoy making processes run smoothly and becoming a master of your trade? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
We are currently looking for a Scribe/Technician at our Green Township location on Harrison Avenue in Cincinnati, OH. The Scribe/Technician will be responsible for:
- Taking medical history of patients (both ocular and medical) and family history and documenting in medical records.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the ophthalmic exam and procedures into EMR as they are being performed by the doctor.
- Proper charting of the examination, documenting additions to the chief complaint, assessment and recommendations for treatment (including justification of decisions reached when appropriate).
- Perform preliminary screening to include visual acuity, tonometry, and other procedures.
- Prepare patients for exams and diagnostic testing and evaluates the condition of the examination room to ensure adequate supplies are in stock.
- Assisting doctor in navigating the EMR and locating information.
Apex Eye is looking for its Scribe / Technician to be empathetic, well- organized and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- At least 1 year of prior Scribe and medical office experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patients.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong computer and math skills, including familiarity with electronic records and ICD-10.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.