Cincinnati, OH 45242
Are you an expert at ensuring funds reconcile? Do you thrive on setting up new payment Merchant IDs and onboarding new clients into the payment system? Does troubleshooting chargebacks and reconciliations come easy? If so, we want to hear from you!
Clubessential provides cloud-based software solutions to the private club markets and is an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company. We are financially backed by Battery Ventures, a top-tier technology investment firm, helping fuel our current and future growth. We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team of professionals who thrive on delivering exceptional products and service to our clients and teammates. Our dedication to client success through technology innovation, industry expertise, exceptional customer support and beautiful design has helped us attract the business of some of the top clubs in the country including Hilton, Trump Golf, Four Seasons, Marriott, Valhalla Golf Club, Congressional Country Club, Pinehurst, and over 1, 400 other clients. We are looking for a Settlements Specialist to join our team in our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Settlements Specialist will work collaboratively to onboard clients onto our payment’ s platform, and will ensure that all funds relative to Clubessential and our respective Clubs reconcile. You will work internally with the Product Team, Implementation Team, Support Team, and Accounting Team to provide information and support as needed for payment processing, and will also work one-on-one with our clients to help answer/troubleshoot their payments issues.
Additionally, you will be responsible to:
- Collaborate with Sales, Implementation, and Dev as required to effectively onboard our client into the CE Payments Platform.
- Ensure KYC documentation has properly been obtained.
- Perform test transactions to ensure club is ready to begin processing payments, and ensure funds flow properly to Clubessential accounts as well as client accounts.
- On a daily basis, reconcile all funds for Clubessential and clients.
- On a daily basis, review Vantiv IQ portal to ensure all funds in transit appear proper.
- On a daily basis, review all batches to ensure settling is occurring as expected.
- Follow up on discrepancies (reconciliation and/or operating systems) and escalate issues as required to Controller and/or Product Team.
- On a monthly basis, summarize payments into Journal Entry for recording revenue.
- On a monthly basis, review, summarize and charge for all ancillary fees (Refunds, Rejects, Chargebacks, etc) to ensure appropriate billings to client.
- Create monthly reporting to summarize Margin/Income and third party commissions.
- Be aware of and coordinate PCI Compliance regulations as it applies to Clubessential and our clubs.
- As required, support internal teams with bank reconciliation information.
- As required, support client in their understanding of batching, payments, settlements, and funds flow.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or compliance related field; payment processing experience a plus.
- Experience with financial software.
- Good working knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.