Shipping and Receiving Specialist
1201 Edison Drive Cincinnati, OH 45216
Job Opportunity – Shipping and Receiving Specialist with Kao Collins in Cincinnati, OH
Do you thrive on shipping and receiving materials including liquid flammable materials? Are you skilled at moving product into and out of the country? If you answered yes, we want to speak with you.
Kao Collin is part of the Kao Corporation, which is a global leader in the personal hygiene, laundry, food, cosmetic, and specialty chemical products. At Kao Collin’ s, we produce Water, UV, Led, Electron Bean and Water Based Inkjet Inks. All products are designed for Industrial and Commercial Printing. We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist for our Cincinnati, OH location.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is responsible for coordinating all incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment to ensure the success of each job and a high level of customer satisfaction. Additional responsibilities include:
- Reviewing shipping schedules, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities and shipping methods required to meet sales order schedules and customer carrier requirements.
- Preparing all required shipping documents including such things as bills of lading, packing lists, custom clearance paperwork etc.
- Utilizing packing techniques to pack customer product to meet company and customer requirements.
- Assisting in determining the best shipping method for the customer and obtaining shipping rates from carriers.
- Posting weight and dimensions and shipping charges for customer service to communicate to customers.
- Routing shipments and making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’ s orders.
- Entering and retrieving information in the ERP system and Fed Ex and UPS shipping systems.
- Operating lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operating circular saw and shrink wrap machine to prepare skids for shipment.
- Receiving, checking in, and storing raw materials.
- Unpacking, examining and routing incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items, recording shortages, and corresponding with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Maintaining shipping files and flammable good records in an accurate, organized, and orderly manner.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 2 plus years of experience in shipping and receiving.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOT CFR 49 Hazardous Materials certification.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to use computer systems and ERP Software (PPRO).
Ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, continuous improvement, in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today.
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.