Technical / HVAC Sales Engineer
670 E 5th Ave Columbus, OH 43201
Job Opportunity: Technical / HVAC Sales Engineer with Allied Supply in Columbus, Ohio
Do you have a hunter’ s mentality with the drive to sell? Are you a self-driven multi-tasker with the ability to grow a territory of your own? Do you have HVAC/R experience and are familiar with flow controls, valves and HVAC processes? If so, then we have an exciting Sales Engineer opportunity for you.
Allied Supply Company is a family owned and operated full-service wholesale distributor of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air filtration and building management controls. We are 82 years strong and still growing. Our Vision statement reads; " We will be the Midwest' s premier HVAC/R distributor, distinctive and successful in everything we do." We sell only to contractors and end-users that are in the business of repairing and maintaining HVAC/R systems and equipment. We are looking for a Technical / HVAC Sales Engineer to join our team!
As the Technical / HVAC Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships within the assigned territory with engineers, architects, mechanical contractors, general contractors, residential contractors and owners. Additional responsibilities include:
- Growing the Business - establishing new customer contacts / increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Analyzing the territory, develop, execute and monitor sales and product trends and programs.
- Providing technical support to customers and associates.
- Designing / building VRF systems with onsite walk-thru support along with full proposals, as well as performing plan/spec takeoffs when applicable.
- Placing of orders, submittals and O&M manuals.
- Managing multiple priorities consistently.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as strong customer service, presentation and computer skills. This person will have a:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related degree), or other higher education plus sales/HVAC experience.
- Strong understanding of flow controls.
- Hunter mentality – growing the territory via cold-calling.
- VRF and applied products (engineered systems) knowledge preferred.
- CAD and Load Calc software experience beneficial, but not required.
- Possess basic knowledge of HVACR Industry.
- Willingness to learn industry regulations and how they apply to our customers.
- Proven track-record of meeting established sales and profit quotas preferred.
- Previous experience writing sales proposals.
- Strong critical-thinking skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, disciplined.
- May require occasional overnight travel.
Don’ t miss out! Come join a growing company with a competitive salary, incentive programs, and a strong benefit package. If you have the required experience and qualifications, please apply online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.