Technical / HVAC Sales Engineer
670 E 5th Ave Columbus, OH 43201
Job Opportunity: HVAC Sales Engineer with Allied Supply in Columbus, Ohio
Enjoy educating and helping businesses grow? Is building a successful marketing strategy for your customers in your wheel-house? Do you have a hunter’ s mentality with the drive to sell? If so, then we have an exciting Sales Engineer opportunity for you.
Allied Supply Company is a family owned and operated full-service wholesale distributor of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air filtration and building management controls. We are 84 years strong and still growing. Our Vision statement reads; " We will be the Midwest' s premier HVAC/R distributor, distinctive and successful in everything we do." We sell only to contractors and end-users that are in the business of repairing and maintaining HVAC/R systems and equipment. We are looking for an HVAC Sales Engineer to Join our team!
As the HVAC Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships within the assigned territory with engineers, architects, mechanical contractors, general contractors, residential contractors and owners. The HVAC Sales Engineer position will also develop and service HVAC contractors for our Mitsubishi product line. Additionally, this position will be expected to:
- Responsible for building and maintaining long term customer relationships and on-going account management.
- Provide technical product support, product updates, training events and marketing support to customers and Allied Supply associates in a timely manner.
- Discuss, understand and cater to a contractor’ s business, including providing support and recommendations to create further success by working with Regional teams and Marketing Manager.
- Actively listen and provide HVAC system designs followed by generating of timely and professional sales estimates.
- Successfully manage the quoting process and subsequent placement of orders, submittals and O&M manuals.
- Develop, execute, and deliver sales plans and presentations to meet performance requirements, as well as generate product interest and awareness.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities consistently, while maintaining accurate reports.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Mitsubishi products to contractors and customers.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as strong customer service, presentation and computer skills. They will need to be comfortable with owners and able to discuss their business, sales, and advertising needs. This person will have a:
- Bachelors of Science, preferably in Engineering.
- CAD and load calc software experience beneficial, but not required.
- Possess three years of experience in HVACR Industry with HVAC system knowledge.
- Willingness to learn industry regulations and how regulations apply to customers.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills, as well as experience utilizing Value-Added Selling.
- Strong customer service, presentation and computer skills.
- Strong critical-thinking skills and time-management.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, disciplined.
- May require occasional overnight travel.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.