Triage Nurse - Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
4777 E. Galbraith Road Cincinnati, OH 45236
Career Opportunity: Triage Nurse - Bone Marrow Transplant Unit – Oncology Hematology Care, Inc. – Kenwood, OH
Are you a strong communicator both in-person and on the phone? Do you have oncology experience? Are you driven to create a compassionate patient experience? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
For over 30 years, OHC (Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.) has served as the region’ s premier provider of treatments for cancer and blood disorders, offering a wide range of services and state-of-the-art treatments and technologies, as well as being nationally recognized for cutting edge clinical research breakthroughs. OHC puts patients first by delivering compassionate and convenient care, tailored to meet a patient’ s medical and personal needs.
OHC is looking for a Triage Nurse to join their Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. The Triage Nurse will assess patient needs over the telephone, collaborate with a physician or qualified staff member to meet those needs, then document all elements of care in the patient’ s medical record. Under general supervision, the Triage Nurse will provide professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Additional responsibilities of a Triage Nurse are:
- Answering patient calls concerning a wide range of oncology topics.
- Asking appropriate questions to get the information needed to make an accurate assessment.
- Documenting all conversations with patients to maintain a comprehensive medical record.
- Providing clear instruction and education to patients via the telephone.
- Evaluating and determining if emergency care is needed, or if the patient can be seen in the doctor’ s clinic.
- Collaborating with physicians via electronic medical record, face to face, or the telephone to discuss patient care needs.
The ideal candidate for the Triage Nurse must be able to recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company-wide quality initiatives. Additionally, he or she will have:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience needed.
- Oncology experience needed, current or pending Oncology certification preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in state of Ohio.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Business Experience – Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Basic Microsoft Office, Basic computer skills, etc.
If you’ re interested in joining a growing team to make a positive impact on patients’ lives, come apply online today!
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.