UI/UX Design Instructor
1725 E David Road Kettering, OH 45440
Job Opportunity – UI/UX Design Instructor with Modern College of Design in Kettering, OH
Do you have real world UI/UX design experience? Do you have a passion for educating others? Do you thrive on helping others discover their potential? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For over three decades, The Modern has been passionately pursuing excellence in design. Named as one of the top design schools in the country for 8 years in a row, our faculty and staff have served students with unwavering commitment and energy. Our students have poured themselves into their work – committed to their careers. As a result, we’ ve built a reputation for creating the next generation of design leaders.
The Modern is seeking a UI/UX Design Instructor to provide expertise and knowledge to higher education students. You will develop courses that enable our students to visualize and design outstanding user experiences. Your goal is to provide them with the tools to bring their creativity to life. In addition, the role of the instructor encompasses teaching and learning, academic advising, professional development and institutional service. Additional responsibilities include:
- Teaching multiple technical design classes each semester.
- Learning new teaching methods and technical knowledge to improve quality of instruction.
- Planning, developing, and using a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluating students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Bachelors or Master’ s Degree in Web Design or a related field. Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations apply.
- Five years of experience in the web design/development field.
- Current Web portfolio and design samples.
- Demonstrated ability to teach college-level design courses.
- Must have the expertise, experience and knowledge in web applications that support college teaching and curriculum design based on higher education standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
Are you ready to join a creative team and to change students’ lives? Apply online today and be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.