VP of Design and Construction
8170 Corporate Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45242
Career Opportunity – VP of Design and Construction with STNL Development in Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you thrive in organizing and implementing Real Estate and Construction projects? Are you a phenomenal communicator and project manager? Are you skilled in delivering high-quality, on-time, and on-budget projects? If you said yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
STNL Development works on behalf of companies with strong growth plans to help them achieve their goals. With our 25 years of experience in the industry, we understand the pressure to produce, and we accept it as our own. Our highly-developed process and track record of success provide our clients with the confidence to give us the responsibility of developing their new facilities. In fact, our repeat clients often give us their most challenging assignments because they know we will do what it takes to deliver.
The Vice President of Design and Construction will assist the STNL Client Manager/Deal Maker (Developer) with site analysis regarding development and construction issues. The VP of Design and Construction will also work with the Developer to understand the site options in light of key client objectives, priorities, and market factors influencing the site decision. Additionally, this VP will:
- Build relationships with and pre-qualify design professionals both at the conceptual stage and the permit stage of the process.
- Build relationships with and pre-qualify several general contractors (GC).
- Facilitate engagement of site development service providers, design professionals and GCs in the early stage of the site selection process in order to understand the challenges and opportunities of each site and develop appropriate, cost-effective solutions.
- Assist Developer with key tasks in preparing a project including preliminary due diligence, site plan, development and construction schedule and pricing, etc.
- Work with the design, site development and GCs to fine-tune the design and budget throughout the process, including permitting and construction.
- Assist the Developer in obtaining governmental and regulatory approvals and permits.
- Manage design and construction activities to conform to the client requirements for delivery of the project and manage the reporting process with the client.
- Prepare a detailed project timeline, including regular review and update with all parties.
- Coordinate with STNL financial and development personnel and GC to support on-time financing, land closings and construction commencement, while providing timely budget updates and projections to Developer.
- Complete the construction bidding and contractor award process.
- Manage the construction process through completion, client turnover, punch list and any post-completion issues.
- Provide timely communication and solutions for any construction issues that arise.
- Understand and manage project costs and budget.
What we need from you:
- A thorough understanding of the development and construction process.
- A dedication to providing an industry-leading product and service.
- An even temperament to work with a wide variety of people and situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills – being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles.
- The ability to establish rapport and common purpose with a wide-variety of people and personality types.
- A clear focus to complete projects within schedule and budget.
- Effective and timely communication with all project stakeholders and decision makers.
- Participation in real estate industry organizations (NAIOP, ULI, ICSC, etc.) is preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a professional, growing, family-owned organization. Come join us! Apply online today.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.